lanning a wedding can be tough, but planning one that really stands out and makes your guests go wow certainly takes some real work. We’re here to help with unique and fun wedding ideas that will make your wedding next level—no matter how big or small your budget may be.
The great thing about weddings is that as long as you have a solid idea of what you want, you can find genius ways to make it happen. Yes, regardless of your budget. Of course, a fat budget makes things easy (as with anything thing in life), but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a memorable celebration with a small budget. And if you also consider the state of the global economy, financial prudence is a virtue we must all learn to develop right now. However, prudence doesn’t equate to a boring wedding, and with these wedding ideas for 2022, you’re sure to make one heck of an impression on your big day.
Check out 8 brilliant wedding ideas for some next-level impact…
#1. VIP-worthy welcome baskets
Whether you’re hosting a destination wedding or just want to treat your guests to an unforgettable getaway, VIP-worthy welcome baskets are an easy way to make your event stand out from all others. There are plenty of options for how you can incorporate welcome baskets into your special day, but here are three of our favorite ideas for wedding welcome baskets.
- Welcome baskets for the bride and groom: As soon as your guests arrive at their hotel rooms, they will be greeted by these adorable baskets filled with treats and thoughtful little touches that match your theme, specially crafted by you and your groom. These personalized welcome baskets will help set the tone for what is sure to be one of the most memorable days in both your and your guests’ lives.
- Welcome baskets for bridesmaids: Bridesmaids play such an important role on your big day, so why not show them some love before you say I do? With customized welcome baskets designed for almost anything, including special wedding table menus for those foodies, you’ll be able to give them a small token of appreciation for everything they have done to help make your wedding dreams come true.
- Welcome baskets at the reception: If you want to go above and beyond when it comes to welcoming your guests, there are plenty of different ways you can customize welcome baskets that fit any budget. In addition to being a great way to thank your guests for traveling far distances to share in your wedding festivities, whether a catholic wedding program or otherwise, welcome baskets are also perfect if you’re looking for unique favors or gifts for everyone attending your reception.
#2. Incorporate your vows into the decor
One of my favorite wedding ideas is to incorporate your vows into your decor. There are tons of different ways you can go about this, but one that I think is pretty awesome is placing signs on your tables with some parts of your vows. This will allow guests to feel more connected to you during your ceremony and allow them to participate if they’d like. For example, you could have a sign that says, “I promise to love you forever” or “I promise to be there for you when no one else is.” You could also use these as table numbers or put them in frames and hang them around your venue.
#3. Hire a day of coordinator
If money isn’t an issue for you (congrats!), then hiring a day of coordinator might be something worth considering. A day of coordinator is someone who helps out with all things wedding related on your big day. They help set up decorations, make sure everything goes smoothly throughout the day, and evens clean up after everyone leaves. This person can take a lot of stress off of you because they’re essentially there to make sure everything runs smoothly so you don’t have to worry about it. It’s possible to find affordable coordinators, you only need to look a bit harder but it may well be worth it.
#4. Personalize the bridesmaids’ bouquets
Bridesmaids’ bouquets can be a big part of what makes the bridesmaids stand out. Also, your girls will know how much you value their friendships by creating custom bouquets with their favorite flowers, colors, and trinkets. With personalized bridesmaids’ bouquets, not only will each girl feel special and important on your wedding day, but they’ll forever remember that you took time out of your busy schedule to craft something special just for them.
#5. Re-think centerpieces
When it comes to centerpieces, there’s more than meets the eye. When planning your wedding centerpieces, keep in mind that table arrangements can be used as accent pieces around your venue as well. Think about incorporating flowers into other parts of your décor like hanging them from chandeliers or even weaving them through tree branches if you’re having an outdoor ceremony. This wedding idea for 2022 is sure to make your venue stand out for all the right reasons.
#6. Be creative with tablecloths
If you want to make your tables stand out at your reception, try using colorful linens that coordinate with your wedding theme. Not only do colored tablecloths add some flair to your reception tables, but they also help create a cohesive look throughout all aspects of your wedding décor.
#7. Be unique with seating arrangements
Instead of following traditional seating arrangement rules, switch things up and choose seatings based on guests’ relationships with one another, rather than their proximity at dinner tables. This will make it easy for conversations to kick off, creating an air of pleasantries.
#8. Consider post-wedding snack favors
It’s a long-standing tradition for guests to receive a small gift or favor at weddings. These days, favors are more creative than ever! From selfie sticks and confetti guns to chocolates and water bottles, these gifts have come a long way from mere goodie bags filled with cheap trinkets.
To make your wedding stand out, consider having guests take home some of your favorite snacks instead of another candle or a wine glass that they’ll never use again. By providing food as a favor, you not only ensure that your guests will remember your wedding day fondly, but you also give them something they can actually enjoy for consuming alone or with their loved ones.
Check out 3 delicious tasty treat ideas that work well as wedding favors…
- DIY candy bouquets: The internet is filled with tutorials on how to turn a bag of candy into beautiful bouquets. You can choose candies in your wedding colors or create multi-colored bouquets by adding M&Ms and other colorful candies.
- Popcorn favors: Popcorn is one of America’s favorite snacks—and it makes an excellent favor. Guests will love taking home a big bag of popcorn as a token of your appreciation. For extra fun, you can even add toppings like melted chocolate and sprinkles to personalize each guest’s treat.
- Homemade cookies: If you want to go all out, bake up batches of homemade cookies for each guest.
Featured image: dr_x_primetime/Instagram
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_