It’s all fun and games until it’s time to take off those individual eyelashes. While some opt for strip lashes and have learned how to apply them in seconds, some ladies still prefer individual lashes because ain’t nobody got time for that daily application.
Whatever the case may be, when it’s time to say goodbye, don’t give in to the impulse of plucking out your individual eyelashes because it won’t just take off the falsies but would also damage your natural lashes having you look permanently morose.
This forceful removal could also cause irritation and is rather painful. Life doesn’t have to be that hard. There are stress-free DIY ways to help you get rid of the villain (lash glue) that has kept the extensions from letting loose. By following these few easy steps, you’ll master how to remove individual lashes and preserve your natural lashes…
Check out how to effectively remove individual lashes without ruining your natural eyelashes…
What you need
- Steaming hot water
- A mild makeup remover
- Facial cleanser
- Cotton pad
- Olive or coconut oil
- Proper lighting
- Large towel
The process of removing individual eyelashes
- Firstly, apply the makeup remover to take out any leftover makeup, making sure to completely clean all residue
- Then, go ahead to wash your face thoroughly with your facial cleanser
- To further loosen your lashes and facilitate the release of the individual eyelashes, fill a bowl with steaming hot water, then put your face directly over it and completely cover your head with a large towel. Try hanging on in there for about 10 minutes.
- Next, dip the cotton pad into your choice oil and mildly brush along your lash line in a downward motion (not side to side). This should enable the individual eyelashes to slip off easily.
Note: Repeat the process as many times as possible till the lashes come off on the cotton pad, resist the urge to add that extra pressure of plucking it out yourself.
- Once the falsies and glue are all gone, rinse your face with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Follow that with a facial cleanser to take off the extra oil on your skin. Then apply moisturizer to your face.
So instead of pulling out those lashes after a night out, why not try this guide and save your natural lashes. Do note that if after trying this process the lashes adamantly refuse to come off, then go back to your lash expert to aid with the removal.
For the latest in fashion, lifestyle and culture, follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_
A creative writer with a voracious appetite for fashion, beauty, lifestyle and culture. As one who's passionate about the advancement of the woman, creating content that inspire smart style and living, and positive lifestyle changes is a calling I take seriously. At Style Rave, we aim to inspire our readers by providing engaging content to not just entertain but to inform and empower you as you ASPIRE to become more stylish, live smarter and be healthier. Follow us on Instagram @StyleRave_ ♥